Hairspiration :: A new do? Yay, nay?

Posted on | Friday, October 10, 2008 | 12 Comments

I have been mulling over getting a new cropped do for my perpetually long mane - which I have sported for ummm, about 5 years now. It's become my security blanket. Matt, the typical guy, loves it, long flowing locks. But I am tired of it! My excuse used to be that I was growing it and keeping it long for the wedding. Haha! After the wedding, I actually did cut it about 8 inches! That's a lot of hair! But a year after the chop, it's back down to my bum and I think that if I don't take the plunge now, I will never be able to release my grip on my hair.

I like style... hair with character, but if you have long hair you know it's hard to get any style. It is either long and hanging, long and wavy, long and curly, or up. I'm bored.

A couple years ago, I bought a copy of Elle magazine, with Ashley Simpson on the cover. It was supposed to motivate me to get a hair cut. I still have that 2006 issue! Since then, I've collected a few other hairspiration photos. I've put together a board below. The top row is of the cutest gal ever. I found her through the blog, My Favorite Color is Shiny. She's on Flickr and you can find her here.

I am favoring Ashley's "do" the most. I am super, ridiculously obsessed with asymmetrical styles lately. Aeon Flux'ish.

What do you think? Should I??? I will probably go to the chop shop in November or December.


Comments

12 Responses to “Hairspiration :: A new do? Yay, nay?”

  1. Amanda
    October 10, 2008 at 11:42 AM

    I think you would look amazing with an a-line bob. I've wanted one forever now but just don't have the face shape to pull it off. I'm horribly jealous of anyone that can!

    Worse case, you miss your long locks and have to grow them back.

  2. JoJo
    October 10, 2008 at 11:53 AM

    Do it! Life is too short to be bored with your hair. :)

  3. Unknown
    October 10, 2008 at 1:00 PM

    Definitely do it! I've had the same excuse for awhile now - but I really miss short hair, it's so much easier. Also, if you can, you should donate it to locks of love. That's what I do whenever I cut my hair.

  4. Blair Van Bussel
    October 10, 2008 at 2:59 PM

    Ahh! Okay this too funny!
    When I was growing up in acting and all that jazz my mom wanted me to be different and never ever let me cut my hair. Bum length and all. I HATED it – and I had to deal with it my whole life (…so far) – I was always “Blair with the Hair” , it all got old really really fast. And to top it off – ive got like the worlds most thickest hair of all time. So were talking like 10 freakin lbs of hair here. So the day I turned 18 I went and had it completely chopped and donated the remains. Since then I’ve been a very happy girl, and the funny thing is that I have that exact same a-line cut you have pictured. It’s SO fun! I did let it grow out for my wedding , but cut it off again right after.
    So yeah, I totally agree with the girls above me – it grows back and you only live once!

  5. The Modern Type
    October 10, 2008 at 3:11 PM

    I love the Rhianna 'do. So fresh and fun and imagine how amazing all the pictures of you in your pieces will look. I'm already imagining them!

  6. Anonymous
    October 10, 2008 at 3:39 PM

    Myra, I think you'll look amazing! I love the styles you picked. I've been thinking about cutting my hair and this might be the extra push I needed. :D

  7. Tiffany
    October 10, 2008 at 8:28 PM

    do it! :) matt would love you even if you were bald! :) i like the girl from the blog hairs the best too. And besides. If your head feels a little "naked" just give it a twigs and honey makeover! :)

    But I agree that sometimes too long of hair can get in a rut...I'm thinking of a cut myself. No more "mom" hair! :)

  8. Noaki Jewelry
    October 11, 2008 at 9:06 AM

    These are so cute!!! I really love Ashley's asymetrical cut...I had an a-line bob for a while but finally gave it up because of the maintenance. If your hair grows fast or is thick you really do have to get it cut often or it starts looking messy.

  9. Kate
    October 13, 2008 at 3:23 AM

    I think all the styles would totally suit you!! I just had the post-wedding chop last week, only 4 inches but it feels great!

  10. Anonymous
    October 13, 2008 at 8:55 AM

    Do it! I am having the same thoughts as you. My hair is almost as long as yours and I am tired of it. I need a new look!

  11. boody
    October 16, 2008 at 10:28 PM

    YAY!!!!

    Hair grows back! =) I think it'll look great on you!

  12. Anonymous
    October 21, 2008 at 9:36 AM

    Ahhh.. Myra!! I just saw this... I think you will look beautiful! That is such a sweet & fresh lil' haircut.. it's wonderful and it will look beautiful on you!
    Good luck and can't wait to see the new do'!
    xo

    PS.. Check your Etsy mail in 20 minutes!

Twigs & Honey products

Brand new! Myra Callan Bridal line

Purchase my new book through Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble

t&h_shop Photobucket

Some love

Portland Bride & Groom  Loves Us!

Search This Blog

Archives