Finding the perfect pumpkin :: Autumn fun at Sauvie Island

Posted on | Monday, October 13, 2008 | 8 Comments

It's been a long tradition for Matt and I to pick our perfect pumpkins at a pumpkin patch each year. This year marked our 7th time getting pumpkins together! We've picked pumpkins just about everywhere. :)

This year, we went back to the first place we picked pumpkins together: Sauvie Island's Pumpkin Patch. This place is pretty big and you can spend hours there. We took a hayride to the field where the search began. After the great hunt, we weighed and paid, and headed into the market to pick some fresh and local produce. Immediately following, we stuffed our bellies with sausages and elephant ears. Have I mentioned enough how much I love food?

The plan was to tackle the corn maize at night, but I was pooped. Instead, we went to Ikea and afterwards, to Bridgeport to watch the horror flick, Quarantine.

Perhaps we will navigate the corn maize next weekend. :)
Here are some highlights:



Too many to choose from!



Ah ha! This one looks like a winner.



His & her pumpkins. Size appropriate. Yeah sure, it's fun to get the biggest pumpkin, but I didn't want to have to carry it back! And yet... I managed to get Matt to hold my pint sized pumpkin to the car. ;)



Balancing act.



Asian pears, apples, and corn.



More pumpkins and squash.



Parting shots. FYI, I'm wearing my PrettyRaccoon Clothing top from Etsy. Next up... carving the pumpkins!

Comments

8 Responses to “Finding the perfect pumpkin :: Autumn fun at Sauvie Island”

  1. Anonymous
    October 13, 2008 at 9:48 PM

    Hi! I love your shirt!

  2. (wife.)
    October 13, 2008 at 10:28 PM

    I love your shirt, toooo!!! and I laughed out loud when you said you were too tired for the corn maze but went to Ikea instead... I totally relate to that logic, but it does sound pretty funny (especially a weekend trip to Ikea)!

  3. Kate
    October 14, 2008 at 1:25 AM

    Awww you guys are so cute!!

  4. Tiffany
    October 14, 2008 at 8:33 AM

    Love all the pictures! Your pumpkin looks like Micah's! Just the right size :)

  5. Unknown
    October 14, 2008 at 10:02 AM

    oh I can't wait to see what you carve!

  6. Anonymous
    October 14, 2008 at 10:16 AM

    My honey and I went to a pumpkin patch to pick our pumpkins this past weekend, too! :) I love your pictures. Keep them coming, Myra!

  7. Anonymous
    October 14, 2008 at 1:42 PM

    Looks like fun! I don't know why I don't go to Sauvie Island more often:)

  8. Myra - twigs and honey
    October 15, 2008 at 11:18 PM

    Thank you for all the compliments on the shirt.

    (bride.): I know! Am I not the most silly gal? What better R&R than shopping at Ikea! haha!

    Kate: Thank you!!

    Tiffany: Thank you too! I love anything that is small.

    nathalie: Thank you for thinking so! I'll definitely keep the photos coming!

    chelsea: Yes! You need to go!

Twigs & Honey products

Brand new! Myra Callan Bridal line

Purchase my new book through Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble

t&h_shop Photobucket

Some love

Portland Bride & Groom  Loves Us!

Search This Blog

Archives