Random babbling...

Posted on | Friday, July 4, 2008 | 5 Comments

Happy 4th of July!

So sad, but I just went out to water all the flower pots (about 20) and like a watchful mother, noticed that one of my terracotta pots with a petunia mysteriously went missing. *sigh*
Must mourn its loss for a moment. I think that one of the neightborhood kids may have snatched it, but who knows. I don't know what would possess someone to take someone else's flower pot! You can see one of its friends in the previous post where I'm plucking the dead flowers. I often have my window open to the front of the house while I work and I can see passerbys pointing and admiring the flowers as they were there for all to enjoy. I hope it finds its way home someday!

Comments

5 Responses to “Random babbling...”

  1. Anonymous
    July 4, 2008 at 11:27 PM

    Happy 4th of July!

    That is too bad about your flower pot! :(

    (I just made Billy do a headcount on ours! :) I know I had one my Grandma sent me when I Colby was born and someone stole it and thank God I never found them! That was a very sentimental plant to me and I still search that apartment complex like a hawk when we drive by!

    :)

  2. boody
    July 4, 2008 at 11:44 PM

    That is pretty ghetto of someone to steal a flowered pot!!!! hmph!

  3. Anonymous
    July 5, 2008 at 3:48 PM

    aww thats so sad, I would mourn lost flowers too.

    I don't know if it makes you feel better, but young boys steel flowers for girls, at least when I was younger, it just made me think of this. So flowers are in a good place :D

  4. Anonymous
    July 7, 2008 at 11:31 AM

    Last year I had a container garden on my porch in Portland, OR, and one day I noticed that the hot pepper plant was missing! Seriously, who steals potted plants??

  5. Myra - twigs and honey
    July 7, 2008 at 12:19 PM

    Thank you everyone for your comments!

    I know, seriously? Who would take someone's potted plant/flower?

    Tiffany: That is even more unfortunate! My terracota pot didn't have that kind of sentimental value (a leftover from our wedding). I hope that you are able to recover it someday!

    yswedding: Well, I hope that is the case. ;) Otherwise, if it was a kid and I find out who it was, I'll telling their mom. hahaha! p.s. I hope to finish your order soon!

Twigs & Honey products

Brand new! Myra Callan Bridal line

Purchase my new book through Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble

t&h_shop Photobucket

Some love

Portland Bride & Groom  Loves Us!

Search This Blog

Archives