New piece! :: DewDrop birdcage veil with handmade blooms

Posted on | Friday, July 25, 2008 | 5 Comments

Just a super fast note...

I have been having to turn away a ton of wonderful brides because I truly cannot take on any more rush orders from now through the first week of September. I feel very guilty and so sorry, but I am pulling about 18-20 hour workdays and it will be like this straight through September, 7 days a week and no holidays. My last rough tally shows I have 660+ custom pieces to make from now until October and this isn't including special projects and boutique orders. I just want to personally say that if I could squeeze more into a day, I would very much love to work with everyone interested! From the bottom of my heart, thank you SO much for your support and kind words about twigs & honey!

I am going to try to throw up pieces from time to time and today is one of those days! I call this the "4am piece". hahaha! In the middle of the night, I was chipping away at convos and I just felt so bad having to turn away so many sweet ladies so I decided to make a lovely veil/flower piece open to the public. I will be listing it within a couple hours. It is white and ivory, silk chiffon, completely handmade and with a couple sleek goose feathers. Check it out in my Etsy shop.

Comments

5 Responses to “New piece! :: DewDrop birdcage veil with handmade blooms”

  1. Anonymous
    July 25, 2008 at 2:07 PM

    Maybe its time to employ someone to help you.

  2. Anonymous
    July 25, 2008 at 6:34 PM

    I'm one of your current brides anxiously anticipating my custom piece. I feel bad for you (and your new husband). I know that personal sacrifice must be made to fuel your talent. I genuinely think that you could be wildly successful in the wedding industry. You need to talk with a lawyer and figure out how to patent your work. Then you need to eventually quit your day job, hire some help and get an assembly line going. It's going to be rough in the beginning but worth it in the end. I'm a nurse so I feel the need to tell you to eat well and take power naps (they really work) :)

  3. Anonymous
    July 26, 2008 at 6:34 PM

    myra!!! that is CRAZY! though I am not at all surprised by your success! but...you poor thing! even in your over worked and tired state you are still just as sweet as ever! I wish I had some advice! You and your hubby seem like a smart team and I am confident you will figure something out! Take care, rest yourself, and be sure to sneak in some alone time AND date nights!

  4. Paul
    July 26, 2008 at 10:42 PM

    Hang in there Myra. Those late nights really start to add up and burn out happens quickly. Keep fresh and make sure to enjoy some of this nice weather. It will go a long way. Let's chat soon. We need to discuss business. :)

  5. Anonymous
    July 28, 2008 at 9:27 AM

    Whew! You are busy! You're readers have offered up good advice! I send you my best! :)

Twigs & Honey products

Brand new! Myra Callan Bridal line

Purchase my new book through Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble

t&h_shop Photobucket

Some love

Portland Bride & Groom  Loves Us!

Search This Blog

Archives