Picking the Perfect Pumpkin :: Heiser Farms

Posted on | Sunday, October 18, 2009 | 3 Comments

Matt and I had a lovely time visiting Heiser Farms in Dayton Oregon on Sunday. We have made it a tradition to pick our own pumpkins each year, and this would make it our 8th time together picking pumpkins and our 3rd time at Heiser Farms. Last year and the first year we were dating, we went to the Pumpkin Patch on Sauvie Island, which is also fantastic, but we wanted to stick closer to home this year. We may still go to the haunted corn maze on Sauvie Island next week... but we shall see!


IMG_7024


Barn in the background at Heiser Farms.


IMG_6983


So many to choose from. Normally, we go the weekend before Halloween and everything has been picked over, but this time around, it was really hard to choose!


IMG_6986


Maybe...


IMG_6999


Too warm for a jacket...


IMG_6997


Still looking...


IMG_6995


IMG_6987


This one was lovely... but the grass is always greener.... have to keep looking...


IMG_7001


We have a couple winners!


IMG_6970


Chicks at the petting zoo.


IMG_6955


Autumn is here!


IMG_6975


Softest bunny... (hand unknown).


IMG_6961


I was finally smart this year and wore some rubber boots (Hunter boots from gilt groupe!).


IMG_7006


Waiting in line for some grub.


IMG_7009


An abandoned piece of kettle corn.


IMG_6972


Look! That's us a few years ago!


IMG_7018


Pumpkin canons.


IMG_6981


Traditional photo by the giant pumpkin 2009.



At Heiser Farms in 2007.



At Heiser Farms in 2006.


Last year, someone stole my pumpkin off our front porch, so we're keeping them indoors for now... maybe I need a few back-up pumpkins? There's still time before Halloween!

Comments

3 Responses to “Picking the Perfect Pumpkin :: Heiser Farms”

  1. Regina Mako
    October 27, 2009 at 5:05 PM

    I always love how bright and clear your pictures are, what kind of camera do you use?

  2. Myra - twigs and honey
    October 28, 2009 at 3:39 PM

    Hey Regina!

    Thank you for the photo compliment! I'm currently using a Canon EOS 40D. I love it. I really had to save my pennies for it. I purchased it over a year ago and it is humming along just fine. I am using the stock lens that comes in the kit... but I'm trying to save up for a better one. Oh... 99% of the time, I dont' use flash and have it on the manual setting. A tripod helps too when I am in the mood to lug it around. I hope this helps!!! :)

  3. Prost to the Host {Alysia}
    November 18, 2009 at 8:53 PM

    What great pictures! I was planning an event at Heiser farm (in their barn). It fell through due to funding, but it is such a lovely location. I hope I can plan a future event there. Kristi Heiser is such a doll.

Twigs & Honey products

Brand new! Myra Callan Bridal line

Purchase my new book through Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble

t&h_shop Photobucket

Some love

Portland Bride & Groom  Loves Us!

Search This Blog

Archives