Introducing Twigscent by Twigs & Honey

Posted on | Wednesday, September 8, 2010 | 12 Comments

Finally! After nearly a year of development, the new product line, Twigscent, is here! Thank you to everyone for your support and patience. I will have posts throughout the week sharing some of the special qualities of Twigscent.


rumpledcake eau de parfum


Twigscent by Twigs & Honey is a line of all natural fragrances made with ingredients including essential oils and jojoba oil. The line is currently debuting with its first fragrance, Rumpledcake eau de parfum. New fragrances will be added seasonally with additional products being added with time. Visit the new website HERE for all the details. For a much more detailed description, read below. :)


twigscent


photo credits: Elizabeth Messina

For today's introduction post, I'd love to share with you how it all came about.
The conception of Twigscent was a true labor of love. Most family and friends and followers of this blog know I suffer from migraines... severe migraines. They are debilitating (I've tried more than 1 prescription and every remedy in the book). There's a list of "triggers" but throughout my life, one of the most significant has been perfumes/fragrances. I liked some perfumes initially, but more often than not, they would leave my head aching after just a little sniff. I actually started to really despise perfume and would avoid it whenever possible. All the while, I figured that it must be a sensitive nose or something similar and I was resolved to the fact that I would never be able to wear perfume.

Through the years, I've continued to learn more about natural ingredients, organics, and essential oils. The more I learned the more I realized that it wasn't that I couldn't wear perfume, but it was the chemical fragrances that were causing my migraines and sickness (not limited to though). I began removing all chemical fragrances from our home, from air fresheners to body lotion. I just got rid of it all. People often say to me, "You are really sensitive, aren't you?" OR "You're kind of weak and get sick all the time." It wasn't enough that I had to suffer from migraines and nausea, but I grew up this way and couldn't help it so it was a bit insulting. I began to take a more proactive approach by minimizing chemicals and began to realize that yes, I may react more easily to chemicals, but in all reality, isn't that a good thing? I often tell my husband that I'm his canary in a mine shaft. I can often detect undesirable ingredients far in advance of company. Feeling sick is no fun, but as a result of my sensitivity to chemicals, I've avoided many harmful ingredients and products for years before really knowing why. My body is not sick... it's healthy and it's telling me that it doesn't want chemicals on or it it by rejecting them - hence the sick feeling.

So where does this lead us? Well, I finally decided that I wanted to help myself and help others by creating a line of fragrances made with natural ingredients (I'll discuss this in detail soon!). And that is essentially how Twigscent came to be. Just this year alone, I've discovered so many individuals suffering from the same symptoms as I do with chemical fragrances. You probably know someone who can't stand perfume, yes? Do they know why? Maybe you, yourself can't wear perfume? Even if you have no reaction to chemical fragrances, you might want to try an all natural fragrance if only to help minimize the chemicals that you come into contact with. Many of the most prolific chemical ingredients in perfumes have been linked to cancer, birth defects, kidney and liver damage, allergic reactions, reproductive problems among other damaging effects. Isn't that enough to make you want to switch to a natural fragrance?

Comments

12 Responses to “Introducing Twigscent by Twigs & Honey”

  1. Ez
    September 8, 2010 at 7:36 AM

    Hurray! Congratulations on your wonderful new venture Myra! Twigscent is fantastic and I can't wait to see what new scented wonders you will amaze us with in the coming months!
    xo Ez

  2. postcards and pretties
    September 8, 2010 at 7:51 AM

    congrats!! i too am a bit sensitive to certain scents and i know how you feel. the packaging is lovely. best of luck on your new venture

  3. daniela
    September 8, 2010 at 8:32 AM

    congratulations, such a great product, who design the packaging? it´s soooo pretty!

  4. alyson
    September 8, 2010 at 9:20 AM

    congrats!! that's so exciting Myra! can't wait to see what other scents you come out with!

  5. Carrie @carrieloves
    September 8, 2010 at 9:25 AM

    Congratulations! Sounds like it is a lovely scent. Love the packaging design... perfect.

  6. Kali Ramey Martin
    September 8, 2010 at 9:43 AM

    This is so awesome. Way to go!

    I'd love to feature you on the blog sometime! krameymartin@gmail.com

  7. Myra - twigs and honey
    September 8, 2010 at 10:08 AM

    Ez... THANK YOU!!!! Also, thank you so much for the congrats on the previous post! I gave Indy a good ear scratching from you too! :D

    Postcards and pretties: Thank you so very much!!

    Daniela: Thank you! I actually designed all the packaging. :) :)

    Alyson, Carrie and Kramey: You are so sweet!!!
    Thank you so very much!!!

  8. alison
    September 8, 2010 at 1:18 PM
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  9. alison
    September 8, 2010 at 3:25 PM

    oooomygoodness myra! this is so fantastic!!! it looks fantastic! the label design, the name, the packaging, the jewelled tie detail, the NAME (its so adorable it bears mentioning twice)! :) everything is so perfectly you and absolutely lovely! so neat myra! i can't wait to smell it!!!

  10. Costume Diva
    September 8, 2010 at 4:53 PM

    This is amazing! I know all us women (and men) out there who suffer from migraines can realate. Have you played at all with the idea of the scent actually being soothing for a migraine?

  11. Tiffany
    September 8, 2010 at 11:14 PM

    myra! I remember some of our first conversations when discussed how we were both migraine sufferers! I am so excited for your new line! Congrats! And don't feel bad...I get those lines all the time "you are really sensitve"...

  12. alissa
    September 9, 2010 at 9:53 PM

    myra congrats! this is so exciting! im so excited for you, it sounds like its doing so well!

Twigs & Honey products

Brand new! Myra Callan Bridal line

Purchase my new book through Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble

t&h_shop Photobucket

Some love

Portland Bride & Groom  Loves Us!

Search This Blog

Archives