A numbers game :: I like to quantify everything

Posted on | Thursday, August 7, 2008 | 3 Comments

A handful of people know that I really like to quantify things... everything. I don't know why but having logical numeric groupings just works for me.

That said, when I'm building pieces, I have a little time to think and my mind often gravitates to numbers.

While thinking about numbers, I realized that I've been selling on for about 6.5 months, which is about 195 days. During that time, I have created about 700 pieces on Etsy alone, which is about 3-4 pieces a day if you are counting 7 days a week. I just saw that my Etsy convos have topped 1,104 today and for each unique convo, there are anywhere from 3-20+ exchanges (i.e. A client writes and I write back = 1). That is about 11.5 exchanges on average, but let's stay low and say the average is about 8. Multiply that by the 1,104, and that is about 8,832 exchanges (not including a good portion of communication dealt through emailing). That equals about 45 convos a day, 7 days a week since I started. At anywhere from 1 to 15 minutes per convo depending on the amount of details needed or an average of 8 minutes, that would be about 6 hours of convo'ing a day 7 days a week or about 42 hours a week, 168 hours a month, 1092 hours since I started selling on Etsy, or about 45.5 days in the past 6.5 months. That is equivalent to 1.5 months of 24 hour convo'ing! Doesn't it make you dizzy?

Just some random thoughts... I think I need to get out more.
;)

A more simple number to digest... Matt and I will have been married for 1 year in about 1 month. :)

Comments

3 Responses to “A numbers game :: I like to quantify everything”

  1. katealtmix
    August 8, 2008 at 5:36 AM

    maybe i need to get out more too but numbers this extreme make me so so excited for you!! you've really taken off and it rocks!

  2. Anonymous
    August 10, 2008 at 7:46 PM

    Um...WOW~! Those are quite the numbers missy! :)

    And congrats on the 1 year coming up!!! you BETTER take that day off at least! :)

  3. boody
    August 11, 2008 at 7:03 PM

    Myra, you're so cute. haha. Those are some hefty numbers you've got on your hands! You're a machine!!! Congrats on the first anniversary!!!

Twigs & Honey products

Brand new! Myra Callan Bridal line

Purchase my new book through Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble

t&h_shop Photobucket

Some love

Portland Bride & Groom  Loves Us!

Search This Blog

Archives