Watercolor blooms

Posted on | Tuesday, March 27, 2012 | 4 Comments

Freshly handmade from scratch:


watercolor2

Twigs & Honey Watercolor Blooms.
These ones are always slightly different from piece to piece. I love that. :) I hear more people saying they hand paint their flowers even though it doesn't look like it. I think some people use "hand painted" in the way they describe their work when it actually isn't. I use in my descriptions when I actually paint them so it might be that others use the language because they don't know better? Not sure. Anyhow, I started hand painting them a few years ago to achieve gorgeous depth and dimension and it's the real deal - literally hand painted petals. Not just saying it. In 2008, I got a crazy/cool project for a major perfume label where I had to hand paint flowers - that was really fun! I used to paint quite a bit when I was young and it's so fun to actually use that skill for my work. I never would have guessed it 20-25 years ago! I'm not a "painter" - I just enjoy it. Would love to get better in the coming years. I really admire great painters. It takes a ton of skill and dedication - and time. :)

Comments

4 Responses to “Watercolor blooms”

  1. Sharon Lei
    March 27, 2012 at 12:34 PM

    Myra, your work always amazes me. :) I often look at the pieces you created for my wedding and feel so happy when I do. Thanks you for your creativity! You are AMAZEBALLS.

    Hope you've been great. :)

    xx Love & Aloha

  2. Lissa (The Wedding Bistro at Bellenza)
    April 3, 2012 at 1:51 AM

    Your painting skills are wonderful! Just look at these dreamy blooms!

  3. Miranda
    April 18, 2012 at 6:30 PM

    Your flowers are beautiful and dreamy, but I don't think it's tasteful to talk down on other designers just because you have far more superior techniques than them.

  4. kara hopkins
    May 29, 2012 at 10:00 PM

    where can these be purchased?!

Twigs & Honey products

Brand new! Myra Callan Bridal line

Purchase my new book through Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble

t&h_shop Photobucket

Some love

Portland Bride & Groom  Loves Us!

Search This Blog