New Collection :: Firefly Enlightened :: twigs & honey

Posted on | Monday, March 17, 2008 | 3 Comments

Even though I've been happily plugging away at the custom orders, I've managed to squeeze in just enough time to launch just one piece from my new collection: Firefly Enlightened. I have known for some time now that I'd like to launch several themed collections just because my pieces can vary quite a bit, and generally the pieces follow some related theme. I suppose you could also call it my guilty pleasure as I'm really stretching my creative muscles and branching out into different designs I've always wanted to create, but just didn't have time! If you're just too busy for a custom order, these new themed sets will likely provide a piece for you that will suit your tastes and needs. I'm not going to go into too much detail about each collection, but the series for the 2008 spring and summer collections will tentatively include: Woodland, Meadowlark, On the Seashore, DewDrop, and the already started Firefly Enlightened. I'm also so giddy to announce that I'll be creating a line exclusively for the English Dept. in Portland, OR. Expect for pieces to become available through the English Dept. around the end of this month.

Just a bit more on Firefly Enlightened. Today, I listed the first piece of the collection, Estella. The piece was created with just some of the most fantastic materials and I really incorporated everything my heart moved me to include. I was thinking that not many people would be trolling through Etsy and shopping on a Sunday evening, but guess what? I believe it sold in record time! Last I remember, I posted it, went out to dinner, came home, and it had sold! So, I apologize for not posting the shop update sooner for everyone who may have been interested and those who have been wondering when I'd have some new pieces listed (not reserved items)! I really thought I'd have some time after dinner to post to my blog. :) I also wanted to say that Firefly Engligtened is a series that I have created for hair pieces that are elegant, airy, only slightly whimsical, and that include subdued colors and very unique materials. I was visualizing that ladies who would want a piece from this line are poised yet not stiff, love finding heirloom-esque treasures, appreciate color coordination and soothing palettes, but also want something as unique as they are. Why the name "Firefly Enlightened"? Well, my husband's pet name for me is firefly and the enlightened portion - means progressive, free-thinking, open-minded, tolerant, etc. I was randomly, yet deliberately inspired. :) Check back soon for more information on the collections.

Comments

3 Responses to “New Collection :: Firefly Enlightened :: twigs & honey”

  1. Laura
    March 17, 2008 at 2:14 PM

    omg Myra I just saw your pix on the cover of pdn magazine at the expo in vegas email me your address I took a onto photo on my iPhone and its hard to senna phtos onetsy from the iPhone just email me at lmoakley@gmail. Com I am so excited for you we r doing the shoot later!!!

  2. boody
    March 17, 2008 at 10:26 PM

    Hi Myra! I stumbled upon your blog/etsy by complete accident and loved what I saw! So much so that i blogged about them! They're beautiful!!! I'm so excited for you!

    www.shakethatboody.blogspot.com

    Ignore the steak pictures beneath the post I did on your lovely hair pieces. haha.

  3. Anonymous
    March 25, 2008 at 9:18 AM

    I love your work and am so excited that you are creating a line for The English Dept. That is one of my favorite stores here in Portland. :)

Twigs & Honey products

Brand new! Myra Callan Bridal line

Purchase my new book through Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble

t&h_shop Photobucket

Some love

Portland Bride & Groom  Loves Us!

Search This Blog

Archives